Did you know that improper installation can reduce the efficiency of the equipment by over 30%.
We ensure your new furnace installation is optimized to ensure the highest level of efficiency.
Now if your furnace is 25 years old it probably has an efficiency rating of 55% AFUE. That means about 55 cents out of every dollar heats the house and 45 cents goes up the chimney. The new high efficiency furnaces are 95% efficient so only 5 cents out of every dollar is wasted out the vent.
Say your last year’s gas bill for just space heating that you calculated above was $2250.00. This may be a common amount in Alberta.
$2250.00 – ($2250.00 x 55%)/95%= Savings/year
$2250.00 – (1302.63) = $947.37 Savings/year
1) Continuous air movement will minimize hot and cold spots by retrieving air from different areas of the home, mixing and then redistributing a more balanced temperature.
2) With the air continuously and gently moving across the furnace filter the filter is able to capture the airborne particulate much more efficiently.
3) Whole home humidifiers only work while the furnace fan is in operation, with a variable speed fan this is no longer an obstacle. With continuous air movement the humidifier is able to operate on those milder spring and autumn days when previously it was not possible, keeping your humidity right where you set it.
But the greatest benefits of a variable speed motor are its quiet operation and huge electricity savings. A variable speed motor typically uses about $40.00 in electricity operating 24/7 365 days per year where a non-variable will use $270.00-$450.00
Longevity is always a concern so we recommend choosing a furnace with a long (20 years+) heat exchanger warranty as well as a long (10 years) parts warranty from a known manufacturer. At Friesen’s all our furnaces come with a manufacturer’s lifetime heat exchanger warranty as well as 10 years parts warranty combined with our industry leading maintenance program your new furnace will still be looking and functioning at peak performance when others have failed.
- Needs Analysis: The comfort needs of you and your family as well as the characteristics of your home are unique and need to be understood before a new comfort system can be designed
- Equipment Sizing: Installing the right size equipment for your home is essential to getting the best performance from your heating equipment and maintaining the comfort you deserve
- Gas Pressure Settings: Proper gas pressure settings are essential to optimize the performance of your new furnace. Improper settings will significantly reduce your comfort level and the life span of the furnace
- Optimal Air Flow: By adjusting the air flow while checking the temperature rise and the gas pressures a properly train technician will be able to establish the ideal settings.
- Leak Sealing: By sealing leaks, air gets delivered to its designated location keeping your home comfortable.
-Never come out to a cold vehicle again.
-Reduce your fuel costs by not needing to let your vehicle warm up.
-Reduce maintenance costs on vehicles, associated with starting a cold vehicle. ( example less wear on battery and starter)
-Store paints and other household liquids without the risk of freezing.
-Use your garage as a workshop in comfortable temperature.
-Adds value to your home.
A radiant type heater works off of the same principle as the sun. It produces infrared light which warms the objects in the garage instead of warming the air. This is quite beneficial as most of the heat is retained when moving a car in or out. This type is more energy efficient than a convection heater. It is relatively silent, and does not stir up dust with a fan. Radiant heat does have some drawbacks, though. It only warms objects that are in the direct path of the heater, and if you are working in an area that is “shaded” from the heater you will not feel warm. The further away you are from the heater, the less effective it is and it may take a little longer for a radiant heater to heat the space as well.